Katana Basics Class
Sessions will be on Tuesdays, February 11th, 18th and 25th, 2014. From 7:00pm to 8:30pm
- Strength and coordination drills for sword work.
- Proper movement technique for cutting.
- The difference between cutting practice (tameshigiri) and fighting (budo).
- Sword fighting scenarios (waza) for beginning budo. This is not to be confused with sparring. A waza is a non-competitive 2 person training form that has been handed down through our martial tradition.
- We will supply the opportunity to try tameshigiri using live blades on paper sheet targets.
Students will be expected to practice skills for a minimum of 20 minutes each day between class sessions.
Cost is $10 per session. Students will need to purchase a boken (practice sword) before the first session.
If you are interested or have questions, please provide your contact information in the form below.